At Cutler Capital Management, just as we take a long term approach with our investment decisions, we do so with our hiring decisions. We do so because we believe our people are our most valuable resource. Together, we strive to deliver superior investment results with exceptional client service.
If you are ready to make an impact and are motivated to grow professionally and personally, consider Cutler.
Job Posting: Client Services and Business Development Associate
Located in Worcester, Massachusetts, Cutler Capital Management is an investment advisory firm registered with the Securities Exchange Commission with more than $300 million assets under management. We specialize investing in banks, convertible securities and real estate investment trusts to provide growth and income to high net worth investors, corporations, family offices, endowments and charitable foundations.
We seek an individual to work directly with the firm’s Managing Partner and primary Wealth Manager. The Associate will play a key role in support of existing client relationships as well as marketing to prospective clients. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience working in the financial services industry.
Essential Job Duties
- Onboard new clients including the transfer of assets and the set-up of accounts
- Establish client files and maintain client data in CRM program
- Support Wealth Manager and provide administrative support such as account maintenance, money movement, and client meeting preparation and follow-up.
- Respond to client requests for service
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Develop and cultivate a CRM data base of new business client prospects – high net worth individuals, financial intermediaries, and foundations as well as referents (accountants, bankers, insurance agents, fund raisers, community leaders, etc.)
- Strategically identify potential client opportunities from the Wealth Manager’s extensive networks, generating new leads and uncovering high-value opportunities
- Research and gather business intelligence about prospective clients
- Collaborate with marketing team to prepare and execute customized campaigns, including advertising, public relations, e-mail marketing, collateral, and website, with the purpose of generating interest in working with the Cutler team
- Assists with seminars through preparation and maintenance of invitee and attendee list, preparation and mailing of invitations and maintenance of responses, and vendor relations concerning orders and logistics.
- Prepare all aspects of new business presentations, including logistics and follow-up
Our team operates as a meritocracy and incentivizes leadership, initiative, and “out-of-the-box” thinking. You will be evaluated on the impact of your contributions, taking on more responsibilities as you acquire the necessary skills be it in client management, operations, and/or new business development.
Education, Experience, Skills
- BA/BS required
- CFP or progress towards CFP preferred
- Excellent writing, analytical, research and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong work ethic with ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks at once, meet deadlines, and think ahead
- Client-focused (organized, responsive, helpful, a problem-solver, anticipates needs)
- Tech savvy (Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel required. Sales Force or other CRM software. Advent experience a plus.)
- A team player with low ego. Works cohesively with advisors and other team members. No job too small to handle.
- Competitive Salary
- Standard benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401k (including company match), and life and disability insurance
Please send all application materials to [email protected]. Direct applicants only, no recruiters please.